General Questions : SWXE for MAC

Everything that does not match one of the other categories.
edbertjunior

General Questions : SWXE for MAC

Postby edbertjunior » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:45 am

Hi URUWorks !
Thank you for this really amazing subtitle workshop. I have been a fan of SW since 2.5.1. I will certainly donate for this if this is stable :D

I have tried SWXE for Mac and I have some questions to ask. Okay now to the point. Here they are :
1. One of greatest feature of SW is shortcut. What is the shortcut to "insert subtitle" ?
If I click edit, it is written : Insert Subtitle (45) , Insert before Shift+(45).
Is this a bug ? there is no (45) button in Mac.

2. I really like "Set initial point" and "Set Final Point" feature in SW. What is their shortcut in Mac ? Cannot find any info at menu :(

3. What is "Import Scene Change" for?

Thanks for your reply

darthwandy

Re: General Questions : SWXE for MAC

Postby darthwandy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:55 pm

I was so thrilled to finally see a MAC version! But I had the same concerns that didn't allow me to use SW.

Also, the list of features says that shortcuts can be customised... How can they be configured?

And one thing that is not on the feature list, but is so crucial for quality subtitles is to show the speed of the lines (the relation: characters per second of the line), that is gonna be a part of the software?

Thank you so much for caring about Mac users!

darthwandy

Postby darthwandy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:00 pm

I was so thrilled to see a Mac version! But I had the same concerns...

Also, I missed a shortcut to substitute the double click that plays the video from the time of the selected line.
And the list of features contains "configurable shortcuts", how can we customise the shortcuts?

Thanks anyway to think about Mac users!
Looking forward to see characters per second of each line as well.

URUWorks
Site Admin

Postby URUWorks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:19 am

Currently to customize the keys, you have to edit the SWXE.key file with a text editor :)
Atentamente,

Aldo M. Lacavalla
Dir. de desarrollo y nuevas tecnologías
URUWorks - 100% Software Uruguayo!

nickbw

Postby nickbw » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:12 am

This is my very first post so can I say "Hello" to everyone and Best Wishes!
My question is: Where are the instructions for how to install SWXE on Mac OSX or even MacOS? Can the new "update" version (especially as it is Beta) be installed over the existing installed version, or should the latter be uninstalled first, before the Beta version? I have used either the standard text editor, or iSkysoft to alter existing SUB files. I am new to this and happy to learn but in only one day of using SWXE 6.01-r7 I find it is buggy and the program quits unexpectedly. I am using OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan on a Mackbook Pro.

Return to “General Discussion”